Korina Katsaliaki is an assistant professor in Technology and Operations Management at the School of Economics and Business Administration at the International Hellenic University. Before joining IHU, Korina was a lecturer at Middlesex University as well as a part-time lecturer at the University of Southampton. She gained an MSc in Management Sciences and a PhD from the University of Southampton.
Her research interests include simulation modelling methodologies, health service research and the modelling of supply chains. Korina has published work in a number of scientific journals including the Journal of the Operational Research Society, Simulation, Health Policy, Journal of Health Organization and Management, etc. Many of her articles in professional periodicals have focused on simulating supply chains of health services.
PUBLICATIONS IN ACADEMIC JOURNALS
- Katsaliaki, K., Mustafee, N., Kumar S. (2014). “A Game-based Approach towards Facilitating Decision Making for Perishable Products: An Example of Blood Supply Chain”, Expert Systems with Applications doi:10.1016/j.eswa.2013.12.038 (forthcoming)
- Mustafee. N., Katsaliaki, K. and Fishwick, P. (2014) “Exploring the Modelling & Simulation Knowledge base through journal co-citation analysis”. Scientometrics. doi:10.1007/s11192-013-1136-z (forthcoming)
- Katsaliaki, K. and Mustafee, N. (2014). "Edutainment for Sustainable Development: A Survey of Serious Games in the Field". Simulation & Gaming (forthcoming)
- Katsaliaki, K. and Mustafee, N. (2013). "Serious Games for Sustainable Development". Journal of Management Education, 37 (6): 889 – 894.
- Swanson, R.C., Cattaneo, A., Bradley, E., Chunharas, S., Atun, R., Abbas, K.M., Katsaliaki, K., Mustafee, N., Meier, B.M. and Best, A. (2012). "Rethinking Health Systems Strengthening: Key Systems Thinking Tools and Strategies for Transformational Change". Health Policy and Planning, 27(4):54-61.
- Mustafee, N., Taylor, S.J.E., Katsaliaki, K., Dwivedi, Y.K. and Williams, M. D. (2012). "Motivations and Barriers in using Distributed Supply Chain Simulation". International Transactions in Operational Research, 19(5): 733–751.
- Mustafee, N., Katsaliaki, K., Williams, M. D, and .Gunasekaran, A. (2013). "Healthcare Operations Management Through Use of Simulation: An Introduction to the Special Issue". Journal of Enterprise Information Management, 26(1/2).
- Mustafee, N., Katsaliaki, K., Fishwick, P. and Williams, M.D. (2012). "SCS – 60 years and counting! A time to reflect on the Society’s scholarly contribution to M&S from the turn of the Millennium". Simulation: Transactions of the Society for Modeling and Simulation International, 88(9):1047-1071.
- Mustafee, N., Katsaliaki, K., Bischoff, E.E. and Williams, M.D. (2012). "Proximity-Based Modelling of Cross-Contamination through Agent-Based Simulation: A Feasibility Study". Health Systems 2:61-71.
- Katsaliaki, K. and Mustafee, N. (2011). "Applications of Simulation Research within the Healthcare Context". Journal of the Operational Research Society, 62(8): 1431-1451.
- Mustafee, N., Katsaliaki, K. and Taylor, S.J.E. (2010). "Profiling Literature in Healthcare Simulation". SIMULATION: Transactions of the Society of Modelling and Simulation International, 86(8-9): 543-558.
- Katsaliaki, K., Mustafee, N., Dwivedi, Y.K., Williams, T. and Wilson, J.M. (2010). "A profile of OR Research and Practice published in the Journal of the Operational Research Society". Journal of the Operational Research Society, 61(1): 82-94.
- Katsaliaki, K. and Mustafee, N. (2010). "Improving Decision Making in Healthcare Services through the use of Existing Simulation Modelling Tools and New Technologies". Transforming Government: People, Process and Policy, 4(2):158-171.
- Mustafee, N., Taylor, S.J.E., Katsaliaki, K. and Brailsford, S. (2009). "Facilitating the Analysis of a UK National Blood Service Supply Chain Using Distributed Simulation". SIMULATION: Transactions of the Society of Modelling and Simulation International, 85(2): 113-128.
- Katsaliaki, K., Mustafee, N., Taylor, S.J.E. and Brailsford, S. (2009). "Comparing Conventional and Distributed Approaches to Simulation in Complex Supply-Chain Health Systems". Journal of the Operational Research Society, 60(1): 43-51.
- Katsaliaki, K. (2008). “Cost effective practices in the blood service sector”. Health Policy, 86(2-3): 276-287.
- Katsaliaki, K., Brailsford, S.C. (2007). “Using Simulation to Improve the U.K. Blood Supply Chain”. Journal of the Operational Research Society, 58(2): 219-227.
- Katsaliaki, K., Brailsford, S.C., Browning, D. and P. Knight (2005). “Mapping Care Pathways for the Elderly”. Journal of Health, Organization and Management, 19(1): 57-72.
Back to Faculty's list